Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your schedule procedure time. If you want to cancel your appointment please contact our office within 24 hours. Be advised that there is a $150.00 cancellation fee if you fail to contact us.
Instructions to follow prior to your procedure:
If your procedure is before noon take nothing by mouth after midnight, the night before your procedure. No gum, candy, food, liquids, not even WATER nor smoking. If your procedure is schedule in the afternoon, you may have light breakfast 8 hours prior to the procedure and water only 4 hours prior to the procedure.
- You MAY take prescription medicines with small sips of water.
*DIABETIC PATIENTS: DO NOT TAKE ANY INSULIN PRIOR TO COMING TO THE CLINIC. PLEASE BRING YOUR INSULIN AND TESTING SUPPLIES WITH YOU. YOU MAY DRINK CLEAR JUICE UP TO 4 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE.
*DO NOT DRINK ORANGE JUICE*
*ASTHMA PATIENTS: PLEASE BRING YOUR INHALER(S)
- You MAY brush your teeth and rinse your mouth without swallowing any water the morning of your procedure.
- Leave your valuables and jewelry at home. Please bring your glasses with you, if you need them to read.
- You MUST have a responsible person drive you to the clinic and back home. Your procedure will be cancelled if you do not have a driver.
- To maintain cleanliness of the injection site, please bathe or shower the night before or morning of the procedure.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing that can be easily fold for storage.
- If you are taking any BLOOD THINNERS (Coumadin, Levonox, Plavix, Ticlid, etc) make sure the doctor is aware. These medications may need to be discontinued for several days prior to your procedure and blood work may need to be drawn.
- If you are NOT HAVING any type of sedation or anesthesia, you can eat normally the day of the procedure. Please notify the staff if you prefer not to have sedation.
- Call the PMA of NJ if you have any other questions or concerns.